The Mason City Family YMCA is committed to providing a safe, comfortable, and welcoming environment for all. We expect people using YMCA programs and our facility to behave in a mature and responsible way, and to respect the rights and dignity of others. To promote safety and comfort, we ask all people to act appropriately at all times within our facility, on our property or while participating in our programs.
- Everyone to check in at the front desk when entering the facility.
- You must be 18 years of age or older to utilize the Men’s and Women’s Locker Rooms unless accompanied by an adult. Family changing rooms and Boy’s and Girl’s Locker Rooms are available for those under 18.
- Everyone to be respectful to the facility, staff, members and guests.
WHAT IS INAPPROPRIATE:
- Card sharing, presenting false identification or intentional abuse or non-compliance of YMCA policies.
- Using or possessing alcohol or illegal drugs on YMCA property or within the facility, in YMCA vehicles or at YMCA sponsored programs is prohibited.
- Smoking on YMCA property – All YMCA buildings and grounds are smoke and tobacco product-free environments. This includes vaping and e-cigarettes.
- Carrying or concealing a weapon or any device or object that may be used as a weapon.
- Verbal abuse, physical abuse, or intimidation by words, gestures, body language, or any type of menacing behavior. Foul or excessive language, arguing, fighting, or any type of harassment is NOT permitted in the YMCA.
- Theft or damage of YMCA property or the property of any member may result in criminal prosecution and loss of membership privileges.
- Revealing activewear
- Inappropriate sexual conduct including explicit conversations or any sexual contact with another person.
- Loitering within facility or on the grounds of the YMCA after being requested to depart the YMCA’s property.
- Having offensive hygiene, odor or scent that constitutes a nuisance to other persons.
- Use of a cell phone in locker rooms or bathrooms.
- Posting inappropriate content or comments on the Mason City Family YMCA social media platforms.
The YMCA reserves the right to deny access or membership to any person who has been accused/convicted of any crime involving sexual abuse, is/has been a registered sex offender, has ever been convicted of any offense related to the sale, possession and/or transportation of illegal drugs, is currently under the influence of illegal/dangerous drugs/chemicals, narcotics/intoxicating beverages, or has been arrested/convicted of any crime involving weapons or violence.
The YMCA reserves the right to deny, suspend or revoke access or membership privileges to any person if, in the YMCA’s sole discretion, the actions or inactions of a person are detrimental to the health, safety or enjoyment of its employees, volunteers, members or participants. Suspension or termination of YMCA membership or guest privileges may result from a violation of this Code of Conduct. While an incident is being investigated, the membership of the person(s) accused of violating this Code of Conduct may be temporarily suspended pending a final decision.
Please notify a YMCA staff person immediately if there is an accident, injury, unusual incident or you believe that our Code of Conduct is being violated.