Lifeguard directions are to be followed at all times. Refusal to comply may result in swimming privileges being revoked and/or membership suspended.
GENERAL POOL RULES – APPLIES TO ALL POOLS AND POOL AREAS
- All persons must shower and wear authorized swim wear before entering the pool.
- No running or pushing on the deck or in the pool.
- No dunking, riding on shoulders, or horse-play on the deck or in the pool.
- No diving, unless with Y approved swim instructor.
- Persons with contagious disease or open wounds are prohibited.
- NO glassware.
- Food/eating is not allowed on the deck or in the pool area.
- All beverages, other than water, are prohibited.
- Children under 3 years of age, or not potty trained, must wear swim diapers at all times.
- Swimmers must jump from the white tile around the lap pool rather than the deck. Swimmers must jump straight in–no flips, somersaults or backwards dives/jumps.
- Children who require life vest must have a parent/guardian in the water, within arm’s length, at alll times.
- A child must be at least 7 years old and have passed the swim competency test to be in the lap pool alone.
- Basketball playing needs to be kept in the water and not on/from the deck or white tile area. Only Y approved balls may be used.
- No hanging or grabbing on the basketball net.
- Stay off the lane markers.
THERAPY POOL RULES
- No jumping or diving.
- Life vests and water wings are allowed only when a parent is in the water, within arm’s reach, at all times.
- No toys of any kind. (diving sticks/rings, plastic toys etc.)
- A parent/guardian must be in the water with any child younger than 7 years old who has not passed the swim competency test.
- If a child is at least 7 years old has passed the swim competency test, the child must be actively supervised by the parent/guardian from the pool side until 18 years of age.
- Maximum occupancy is 35 people.
- Persons with a medical condition, including pregnancy, should not use the whirlpool without consulting a physician.
- Anyone having a contagious disease or open wound will not use the whirlpool.
- No diving or jumping into the whirlpool.
- No toys, floatation devices, or life vests.
- A child who has not passed the swim competency test and is under the age of 18 years old must have an adult/guardian in the water with them.
- A child under the age of 18, and at least 7 years old, may be in the whirlpool when actively supervised from the deck by a parent/guardian.
- Maximum occupancy is 10 people.
If you have any questions/concerns regarding these rules please contact Jacque at firstname.lastname@example.org.